Sunday 20 January 2013

My Top 13 Movies for 2013


Hello Lovelies!

Let me just start this off by saying that I am by far the biggest movie lover I know (apart from my dad!) I'm not kidding when I say I love every type of movie, as long as it's not a creepy horror film (clearly a love I didn't get from my father!) In my life so far there have only been a select few movies that I have hated compared to the hundreds that I have loved. There are so many movies coming out this year that I am already super excited about, but there are quite a few that don't have trailers out yet! So do not fear my fellow movie lovers, I will post a part two movie post a little later down the track once they have been released! Who knows, for this year alone, considering the countless amazing movies coming out, there may be quite a few parts to this post!


Before I begin with my list, I thought I should just let you know what makes the perfect movie for me:

  • 
Nicholas Sparks book adaptations - I'm already going to see it long before it's in production and I know I will love it! This includes movies such as The Notebook, Dear John, The Last Song & I am anxiously awaiting multiple others like Safe Haven!
  • 
Hot guys + hot fast cars = double drool. Examples: all of the Fast & Furious movies - I am such a big fan of them! I am an absolute car lover and who can say no to Paul Walker? I mean come on.
  • Anything with Steve Carell, Jim Carey, Paul Rudd or Jason Bateman = Unlimited laughs and a hilariously funny film!
  • Ryan Gosling, Orlando Bloom, Robert Downey Jr or any hot guys for that matter = Man candy and I just cannot say no to that! I will not even care if the movie itself has no plot or if the acting is bad. Examples: Magic Mike - off the top of my head there aren't too many movies with just hot guys...this needs to be fixed ASAP!
  • Ryan Gosling + Orlando Bloom + Robert Downey Jr = The greatest movie ever. I would be there...already! I have my fingers crossed that this one day becomes a reality!


Let's be honest I will probably see any movie based purely on it having a hot male lead and there is even more of a chance (which is extremely high already I might add) if there are multiple hot males! Regardless of the plot, if a movie has any of the following actors, rest assure I will see the movie: Ryan Gosling, Orlando Bloom, Robert Downey Jr, Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, Alex Pettyfer, Channing Tatum, Zac Efron, Bradley Cooper, Cam Gigandet, Garrett Hedland and my most recent love, Sam Claflin who is in the next Hunger Games instalment. Yay! I guarantee the list could continue on for quite a while...I'm a sucker for hot guys, so sue me ;)


Anyways, got a bit off track there...sorry!...No I take that back, I'm not really. Now that you know what I like in a movie (which is basically everything), here is my list of to see movies this year:

All I can say is this year is going to be extremely bad for my savings, or lack there of!

Disclaimer: This blogpost may be harmful to those on a limited internet usage because you may not be able to stop yourself from watching all of the amazing trailers. I apologise in advance! This was the very reason for me not posting this last week when it should have been up as I may - or may not - have used up all of the families internet data...Oops! It was all for a good cause, I swear! 

Safe Haven
It's a Nicolas Sparks book adaptation, so as you already know, I'm practically obsessed! As with any Nicolas Sparks book or movie I know I will have to wear waterproof mascara, enter the cinema prepared with an entire box of tissues and ensure that I will not bump into anyone once out of the cinema!



The Great Gatsby
Ok, so back in my good old high school days I had to read The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (which is actually a really good book if any of you are interested!) The movie that we had to watch in class was not very entertaining at all so I am very jealous of all those year 11 & 12 students who will study The Great Gatsby this year and will be able to watch this instead of the old version. Lucky bastards! As I really enjoyed the book and I love the look of the trailer, I know I'm going to really enjoy this. I just love the old era class about it and of course it's a Baz Luhrmann film (you know Romeo + Juliet, Moulin Rouge, Australia...just a few cinematic greats!) So this one is bound to be one amazing showstopper of a film. 




Now You See Me
Anything that Morgan Freeman narrates or is a part of is a must see. The man can honestly do no wrong and this movie is no different. Just based on the trailer alone, this movie looks both spectacular and well cast with Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Jesse Eisenberg, Isla Fisher, Woody Harrelson, Mark Ruffalo, Melanie Laurent AND Dave Franco. I love movies where every detail is so carefully thought out and it makes for a really complex and interesting story which this movie makes clear it will be. 




The Heat
Ahhhh Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy, Cops & Comedy....It's everything I never knew I wanted in a movie! This looks hilarious, as does anything Melissa is in, but seriously I am dying to see this movie. Sandra as a cop makes me think of Miss Congeniality only this looks way funnier. 




Identity Thief 
Just the fact that is movie has both Jason Bateman & Melissa McCarthy in it is enough for me. I absolutely adore Jason and you already know how I feel about Melissa, so with this comedy duo powerhouse I can already tell this is going to be a massive hit.




This is 40
Paul Rudd, Check! Leslie Mann, Check! Jason Segal, Check! Hilarious storyline, Check! I really doubt there will be anything in this movie I won't like. The fact that the sequel to Knocked Up, which I absolutely loved, lets me know that this movie is going to be full of laughs. Plus, the scene about the rodents and the starfish makes me die of laughter every time! If you don't know what I'm talking about, you obviously haven't seen the trailer - so just do it.




Iron Man 3 
Well lets just see...There's a great storyline, lots of action, Gwyneth Paltrow is in it, techno suits, drama...I swear I'm missing something? Oh, that's right ROBERT BLOODY DOWNEY JR! I'm really not sure why I find a man as old as my father attractive but honestly I just cant help it, nor do I want to! The same goes for good old Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt & Eric Bana. I for one love the Avenger movies and have loved the prior two Iron Man movies so this is a definite must see for me! 




Warm Bodies
On first seeing this trailer, I was honestly unsure how I felt about it. I didn't know if I liked it and I had a hard time grasping what type of film it was meant to be. After a few more views of the trailer I'll admit that there is something really interesting about this film and I don't think I have ever seen anything remotely similar so I am really interested to see this one when it comes out.




Wreck it Ralph 
No matter my age, Disney movies will always be amazing! Oddly enough, it seems the older I get the more I enjoy watching them. Babysitting is becoming funner as the years pass by!




Chasing Mavericks
I absolutely love movies with a lot of heart and this seems to be full of just that. 



Hansel & Gretel
I'm not quite sure what to make of this fairytale remake trend that's causing a mass bandwagon effect in the movie world but my inner kid inside is just dying to see what the hollywood world can make of some of my favourite childhood stories! Regardless of whether it's a good or bad movie idea, I'm intrigued. 




The Big Wedding
I love these sorts of movies! It's along the same line as some of my all time favourites - The Family Stone, It's Complicated & Something's Gotta Give. It does also have a stream of well known actors which is always a convincing factor for me.



The Gangster Squad 
It has Ryan Gosling....Drool. Enough said really. Oh & who doesn't love Emma Stone, like seriously? These two really need to do more movies together because Crazy. Stupid. Love is one of my all time favourites and I just love the two of them together in that.




So I hope you liked my picks for the year so far! I would love to hear your thoughts on my picks and also what movies you guys are looking forward to seeing this year? So either comment below or tag me @jessimalouf and #etcmoviepicks on twitter!

Till next time, stay sweet! 
Xx Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment